Advertisers on UTurn are responsible for their UTurn Ads. This means following all applicable laws and regulations, creating honest ads, and advertising safely and respectfully. This article describes our advertising policies. Our policies require you to follow the law, but they are not legal advice. We organize our policies around six principles:
1. Keep users safe.
All ads are subject to our review and approval. We reserve the right to reject or remove any ad in our sole discretion for any reason, including if the ad does not comply with these Advertising Policies. We also reserve the right to request modifications to any ad, and to require factual substantiation for any claim made in an ad.
- • Ads for illegal goods and services are prohibited.
- • Ads for products or services that are potentially unsafe or deceptive are prohibited.
- • Ads making misleading or deceptive claims are prohibited, such as "get rich quick" offers. This includes ads for binary options.
- • Ads that aren't compatible with the way UTurn or UTurn Ads currently work are prohibited. For example, advertisements encouraging users to share their login information or post spam are prohibited.
- • All advertisers should be honest and transparent about the product or service they offer. Include ample information and relevant disclaimers about the products you provide. Make sure users clearly understand the product or service they may be purchasing, along with any applicable billing or participation requirements.
UTurn prohibits the promotion of products or services in the following categories:
- • Adult Sexual Content
- • Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- • Endangered Species
- • Hateful content
- • Illegal products and services
- • Inappropriate content
- • Tobacco and tobacco accessories
- • Weapons and weapon accessories
- • Trade restrictions
- • UTurn prohibits advertisements targeted to, and advertiser accounts from countries subject to U.S. trade sanctions and other U.S. export control laws. Individuals and entities subject to U.S. trade sanctions are also prohibited from signing up for a UTurn Ads account.
UTurn restricts the promotion of products or services in the following categories:
Note: Restrictions can be based on the specific product or service being promoted, as well as the country that the campaign is targeting.
- • Alcohol content
- • Financial services
- • Gambling content
- • Health and pharmaceutical products and services
- • Political Content
TIP Certain industries and trade associations have their own self-regulatory codes for advertising and marketing. Advertisers on UTurn who are members of these associations should refer to these codes, in addition to UTurn's policies, for guidance on appropriate advertising practices.
2. Promote honest content and target it responsibly.
The following types of advertisements are prohibited
The following products and services may not be knowingly marketed or advertised to minors on UTurn. Please note that asterisked items are prohibited from advertising on UTurn overall:
- • Ads targeted to countries subject to Indian trade sanctions and other Indian export control laws.
- • Ads that encourage illegal activity, or any illegal conduct, product, or enterprise.
- • Ads that solicit the user’s participation in lawsuits or ads that ask users to report on their medical history for purposes of potential compensation.
- • Ads that depict drug use or excessive drinking.
- • Ads that encourage violence or depict hyper-realistic violence.
- • Ads that encourage Snapping and driving or other dangerous behaviors.
- • Ads that suggest violating laws or regulations.
- • Ads that direct users to phishing links, malware, or similarly harmful codes or sites.
- • Ads that promote cigarettes (including e-cigarettes), cigars, smokeless tobacco, and other tobacco or nicotine related products.
- • Ads that promote firearms, weapons, or ammunitions.
- • Illegal wildlife trade, and products and services derived from endangered or threatened species.
- • Ads intended to shock the user.
- • Ads that encourage dishonest behavior.
- • Ads that address or are intended to appeal specifically to children under the age of 13.
Advertisers are responsible for the authenticity of promoted content
Be honest with both the content of your ads and how you target them. Do not select targeting criteria that could reveal sensitive information about users. Don't subject users to advertising that isn't relevant to your brand or product. UTurn Ads must comply with the policies and rules listed below:
- • Copyrighted materials and UTurn Ads
- • Counterfeit goods policy
- • Trademark Policy for UTurn Ads
- • Sensitive categories
- • Policies for Conversion Tracking and Tailored Audiences
- • Policies for keyword targeting
- • Usage of Public Personal Information in Ads
- • Your advertisement must not assert or imply knowledge of personal information, such as name, except when the information is publicly available and with prior approval from UTurn.
- • Contact UTurn if you are interested in this option.
- • Collecting user information
- • Pages where users are asked to enter private and confidential information must use a secure processing server (https://). Examples of private and confidential information include: credit card numbers, bank information, and social security number.
- • Including user content in ads
- • Do not include another person's content in UTurn Ads without the person's permission. Create your own Posts, or get permission from the authors of the Posts and RePosts you use.
- • Selecting targeting keywords
- • Trending topics represent popular conversations on UTurn at any moment. Do not target trending topic keywords unless your Posts are relevant to that conversation.
- • Targeting sensitive breaking news events such as political uprisings, disasters, and deaths is restricted.
TIP Be ready to make changes to your targeting if the context of a keyword changes because of an emergent event. Familiarize yourself with the steps for adding, removing, and excluding keywords within your campaigns. For more information.
3. Pharmaceutical & Healthcare.
Ads for pharmaceutical and healthcare products and services must only promote those products or services that have been approved by the local regulatory authorities in each of the countries targeted. For example, a prescription drug approved for Canada must not be advertised in the United States, unless it has been approved for the United States as well.
Snap permits targeting ads for prescription medications only to the following countries:
Algeria, Bahrain, Canada, Costa Rica, Egypt, Hong Kong, Japan, Kuwait, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Tunisia, The United Arab Emirates, and the United States.
Ads for online pharmacies must be registered with the relevant authorities in the country in which you are advertising. For example, in the United States and Canada online pharmacies must be verified by the National Association of Board of Pharmacies (NABP).
4. Set high editorial standards for the UTurn Ads content you create.
Advertisers are responsible for the editorial quality of their UTurn Ads. Your account and UTurn Ads copy must comply with the following set of editorial guidelines, which are designed to encourage clear, legible advertisements:
- • Promoted Trends guidelines
- • Quality Policy for Ads
5. Set high standards for the off-UTurn connections you create.
Advertisers are responsible for the links within ads that connect users to information and content outside of the UTurn.com domain. Help us maintain a positive experience for user interactions by observing good URL habits in your promoted content:
- • URL requirements for advertising
6. Be informed about the UTurn Ads processes that support these policies
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the ways in which ads policy processes can impact your use of UTurn Ads:
- • UTurn Ads policy update log
- • About UTurn Ads approval
- • About UTurn Ads offboarding
TIP In addition to UTurn Ads Policies, advertisers must follow UTurn's Terms of Service, UTurn Rules, and all the policies on our Help Center governing use of our services. Please take a moment to review them.